Saturday, March 15, 2008

Beginnings

Well, it's not the beginning, really. I've been working on the world of Shadows & Silver for over six years. I've got so many notes piled up and so many ideas fighting to get down onto paper that I've got to let it spill out somewhere, and a public place where others can comment on or criticize it is as good a place as any.

Casadechrisso, a friend and mutual world designer, set up this blog to track his development of his Neverwinter Nights world, and it struck me as a good idea to do the same. While I am interested in designing for Neverwinter Nights, I'm trying to make a book or two dozen out of my world, so this blog will cover both of those projects. Topics will range from emo rantings about the difficulties of writing to in-depth discussions of persistent world design. It won't be too terribly structured, but I do hope it will remain relevant and informative to readers who may want to design their own worlds for whatever reason.

Cheers!

No comments: